Well it's that time of the year when everyone gets to say thanks to the person that brought you into the world, THAT INCLUDES YOU BILLY, JESSE & DYLAN.
So I got to thinking what better way than to show that special person than with a lovingly prepared cake. Will it go someways to thank her for all those sleepless nights, and I'm not just talking about the teething stages, I'm still pacing the floorboards now at 3am, while my lot are out partying!!! Give me the baby days anytime at least you know where your little darling is at 3am, even if you're routing around for the elusive dummy at that ungodly hour, and when they look at you it's with love not just as a big cash point machine, all that a side they are my proudest moments, there is nothing I wouldn't do for them, I feel truly blessed to have my 3 gorgeous strapping men that are my babies.
Mothering Sunday Dome cake
250g S/R flour
250g caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract preheat oven to 160
1. In a freestanding machine whisk together all the above ingredients until light and fluffy
2. Grease a 3 pint pudding bowl (I use Dr Oetker release spray)
3. Spoon a third of the cake batter into the bowl
4. Add a touch of pink food colouring to the cake mixture and fold, spoon another third into the basin
5.Add a little more food colour to deepen the colour, spoon the remainder into the basin
6. Bake in a preheated oven for about 1 hour if still not baked cover with foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
7. Leave to cool for 20 minutes in the basin
8. Turn out on to a wire rack and cool completely
9. Slice into 3 sections where the colours change
2 tbsp Raspberry jam
750g icing sugar
250g unsalted softened butter
5 tbsp sieved Raspberry puree
1. Mix all the above together until very light and fluffy, colour half with a little pink food colour for a deeper pink
2. Sandwich the cake together with the buttercream and raspberry jam cover with a crumb coat and then chill in the freezer for half an hour.
3. Fill 2 piping bags fitted with an open star nozzles with the rest of the buttercream and pipe little alternate stars all over the cake.
4. Sprinkle with little sliver balls.
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY XXXX