500g rolled oats
6 heaped tablespoons of applesauce
4 heaped tablespoons of honey
1 tbsp maple syrup
60g desiccated coconut
100g pecan nuts chopped roughly
100g flaked almonds
40g pumpkin seeds
4 tablespoons of oil (sunflower or non virgin olive oil)
150g Dried apricots
50g dried cranberries
Preheat the oven to 170
1. Mix all the above ingredients except for the dried fruit together in a large roomy bowl making sure the oats are well coated in the honey, syrup and oil.
2. Turn onto a large baking tray, making sure you have only a single layer, shake into place so you have some clumps and some spread out bits
3. Bake in a preheated oven for about 30-40 mins, you will need to keep moving
and jiggling the granola around whilst it bakes, so it doesn’t brown to much in one place.
4. Once baked add dried fruits.
5. Cool completely then store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.